Physio Edge 042 Treatment of Plantaris & Achilles Tendinopathy with Seth O’Neill
Treatment of your patients’ Achilles Tendinopathy may be slowed by involvement of Plantaris.
In Episode 41 of the Physio Edge podcast, Dr Christoph Spang and I discussed how Plantaris may play a role in Achilles tendinopathy. In this episode of the Physio Edge podcast, I discuss with Seth O’Neill how you can identify Plantaris involvement in your patients, and adjust and progress your conservative treatment of Achilles pain and tendinopathy with Plantaris involvement.
- What indicates Plantaris involvement and helps you differentiate from mid portion Achilles Tendinopathy
- Where do patients have pain with Plantaris tendinopathy
- What history do patients with Plantaris involvement or tendinopathy present with
- Objective tests and findings for Plantaris tendinopathy and involvement
- Biomechanics contributing to Plantaris tendinopathy
- Is treatment successful for Plantaris
- How to treat Plantaris tendinopathy and involvement in midportion Achilles
- How to perform a loading program
- Running adjustments
- Manual therapy
Links of Interest
Download your podcast handout by CLICKING HERE
Access to the Lower Limb Tendinopathy free videos, including Seth’s presentation on Achilles Tendinopathy
Lower Limb Tendinopathy Virtual Conference with detailed, practical presentations:
- Dr Jill Cook will cover “Structure, function and pain in tendinopathy”
- Dr Sean Docking is then going to take us through “The role of imaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of tendinopathy”.
- Dr Peter Malliaras is presenting “Staged rehabilitation of Patellar Tendinopathy”.
- Craig Purdam takes you through “Staged rehabilitation of Hamstring Tendinopathy”
- Seth O’Neill will help you understand “Achilles Tendinopathy Exercise & rehab progressions. Risk factors and the importance of Soleus in Achilles tendinopathy”
- Dr Ebonie Rio will conclude the Virtual Conference with “Tendon pain and the brain – what do we know and can we change it?”
CLICK HERE for more information on the Lower Limb Tendinopathy Virtual Conference
Seth on Twitter
Seth’s website on Achilles Tendon Research
David on Twitter
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Physio Edge podcast episode 41 Plantaris Involvement In Achilles Tendinopathy With Dr Christoph Spang